The list: one of the most helpful and yet detrimental things to a person. It can provide a source of organization, but can also help someone procrastinate because you think you’re being productive but you’re really not.
But lists can also used for things more fun than chores or homework assignments, they can be used to recap. Here, I recap 2014 in 3 lists of 10 things.
Top 10 Celebrities of 2014 (in no particular order)
- Emma Watson- if you’ve read my feminism essay, it’ll be obvious why I love Emma Watson so much. Not only that, but I also love Harry Potter so she just seems like the obvious choice.
- Ed Sheeran- he finally released his album, X, this summer, and I am still in love with it. My favorite track is definitely Thinking Out Loud, which I jammed through all July, but for whatever reason it’s only just being played on the radio now.
- Harry Styles- not gonna lie, I am major fan of One Direction and Harry has defied all limits this year hair-wise and charity-wise. For that, he definitely gets a place on my top 10 list.
- Michael Clifford- I really got into 5 Seconds of Summer this year and Michael was automatically my favorite. He was my phone wallpaper from April until around August, so yeah, definitely top 10-worthy.
- Tyler Wilson- Tyler’s from a band that’s not as popular as One Direction (Hollywood Ending), but he is still one of my faves, so I’ve got to add him.
- Connor Ball- Connor is from The Vamps and is my ultimate fav because not only does he play bass and sing, but he also loves Harry Potter. Swoon.
- Rocky Lynch- Rocky has been on my top 10 since 8th grade. He’s in a band called R5, who were my first concert.
- Zac Efron- I am still a diehard fan of High School Musical and will love Zefron until the day I die…and more.
- Shakira- I went through a Shakira phase in 7th grade and after going to the RDMAs and being in the same room as her I kind of fell into a relapse.
- JK Rowling- Like I said, I love Harry Potter, so Jo will probably be on my top 10 list until I die, even if she’s gone first.
Top 10 Songs of 2014 (again, not in any order)
- fallingforyou by The 1975- I wrote an entire essay on this song so it seems only appropriate to include it in my top 10 list.
- I Want You So Bad I Can’t Breathe by Ok Go- I was introduced to this song this year by a really good friend and I was hooked by the second note. It is a major jam.
- Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer- my favorite track off their album, to embody this song is my goal
- Risk It All by The Vamps- again, this is my favorite song from their album, I could listen to it every day in any situation.
- Nicotine by Panic! at the Disco- This song makes me want straighten my hair and put on heels and red lipstick and just jam alone in my room.
- Centuries by Fall Out Boy- so we’re getting into my pop punk side here but this song really is a jam.
- Horchata by Vampire Weekend- punk’s gotta rest sometimes right? I love this song when I want to jam but I’m not feeling head banging.
- Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys- of course I have to include some Arctic Monkeys on here, and this song is definitely worthy.
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran- again, this was my favorite song from his album from the start, I’d dance at my wedding to this song.
- Night Changes by One Direction- thought I’d forgotten about them didn’t you? This is my favorite from Four and I am just so thankful they decided to make a music video for it. *praying emoji*
Top 10 Purchases of 2014 (10 things I definitely don’t regret buying)
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara- when I put this stuff on I feel like I could rip a man’s heart out his throat, which is the point of mascara, obviously.
- My lovely new laptop- which I’m typing on right now. It’s touchscreen and it folds around to become a tablet and ahhh I just love it.
- The sweater I got from H&M that I’m wearing right now- the perfect length, softness, and color, what more could I ask for?
- This salt and pepper cardigan I also got from H&M- it’s now my go-to, which I love
- My copy of “The Silkworm” by JK Rowling- or Robert Galbraith, whatever, it wasn’t as good as the first one, but I’m still over the moon that she’s still writing.
- Pop Psychology by Neon Trees- no, they didn’t make it on the songs list, but their album is still amazing.
- My Chanel wallet- that I got for 50% off on Black Friday. I don’t care if I don’t actually have any money to put in it, it’s beautiful
- Neon Trees Concert Tickets x2- I saw them twice this year and they are the most amazing performers I can’t wait to see them again.
- Tickets to R5 at the LA Fair- so turns out I had mono when I went to this concert but I didn’t kiss anyone so I think I’m good
- Tickets to R5’s LA Hang- I did not pick the name, the band is just a bunch of weirdos, but it was an incredibly intimate show, and they even came into the audience to jam during one of the opening acts. Definitely a day I’ll remember.